Friday, February 24, 2012

Am I the only normal person?

Do you ever feel like you are one of the few normal people in the world? It's days like today that I have so much to say, and yet don't know how to put it into words. I am feeling so many emotions: confusion, frustration, thankfulness, more confusion, maybe a little anxiety. All of this combines to make me, well, it makes me desire a closer walk with God.

There are so many things going on around my family that doesn't affect us, but does at the same time. I mean it affects us, but the decisions are not ours to make. It is decisions others have to make and we are left to deal with those decisions and move on from them. My confusion stems from my desire to do something, but have no idea what to do. I want to talk to several people about things, but honestly, I think they would just get upset or they would cower and say there is no issue. Which then leads into my frustration because I am tired of hearing things. If you have a problem with someone, go to them. Deal with the situation. Its one thing to go to someone else for advice, its another to go to someone else just to vent or stir up strife or guilt and then never deal with the situation. My frustration leads into my thankfulness even more for a wonderful loving husband who is not only just my husband, he is also my friend. We can talk about everything and discuss things. I feel so incredibly blessed to have such a man in my life that wants to lead my family in such a Godly way. He strives to do whats best for us and he also puts up with my ramblings and talking all the time! After all those emotions, I deal with anxiety. Let me rephrase-I try not to let anxiety take hold. I am a do-er. I see things that need to get done or fixed and I want to do it right now. In situations like these where I have to sit back and wait for things to happen I tend to get a little impatient. So...how do I fix these emotions? I go to God. I cast all my cares on Him. I pray without ceasing. I read and study His Word. I depend upon Him. In the end, that's all I can do. If I am striving to live my life right and properly, other things are not important. What's it matter that I have a better relationship with some than others? That's a natural thing. Some people get along better with certain people. Perhaps it is merely the fact that both sides put out effort to have that friendship. I value my friendships and try to make them stronger. I try to put others before myself. I try to have the mentality that I would drop what I am doing to help a friend. More importantly, I REALLY try to follow through with what I say I will do. I give effort to things. I know sometimes circumstances come up, especially when small children are involved, but really people, give effort into making friends. The world does not revolve around just you.

Well, thats enough of that! On to other things...I am going to start "teaching" Donovan in a sort of preschool. I am not really going gung-ho on it though because he is not even 3 yet. But he has the desire to learn and wants to do things, so I am going to teach him! I have a preschool book or worksheets and crafts to do with him as well as a list of everyday things that I do that I can use as a learning experience for him. What do I want the goal of this to be? Well, I want to focus in more on his attention span. I want to challenge him to focus on things for a little longer than he is. I want him to learn matching, and colors, shapes and more numbers. Right now he knows all his letters, their sounds, can count to 14 and knows his basic shapes. I want to harness in on this knowledge and expand on it. I love seeing how much he enjoys learning and doing new things! I also want to work on his vocabulary. Teaching him new words, helping him enunciate. I think he talks exceptionally well for 2. I can carry on conversations with him, he talks most of the time in small full sentences, usually volunteers please, thank you and sorry on his own. Its such a joy to be his mother and I want to continue helping him grow and develop!

As I go off to do more laundry, make the beds, play with my kids, remember who we are here to serve. Do your best to serve God no matter how big or small the tasks!

4 comments:

  1. I think you've hit it on the head. When you know someone is coming to you to vent, you have every right to stop them mid-sentence and tell them to go to the other person and work it out. If they are unwilling to do that, then you don't need to hear about it. That is the Biblical thing to do. James tells us the tongue is an unruly evil full of deadly poison, sometimes people need to implement the "horse's bit" more and refrain from talking about others. Hope this is a little encouragement to hang in there and keep striving to do the right thing, unfortunately we can't always get others to do the same, but you don't have to be a party to their deeds.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I enjoyed your blog and have been enjoying them this week. So many have been conditioned to think that life evolves around their drama and unless you vent your personal drama or the drama of others, then your detached, uncaring or fake. I remember Paul saying this about increasing in faith, "that you aspired to lead a quiet life, to mind your own business and to work with your own hands, as we commanded you, that you may walk properly towards those who are outside, and that you may lack nothing." 1 Thess. 4:10-12. The Proverb writer also said, "in the multitude of words, sin is not lacking but he who restraints his lips is wise." Your thoughts reflect these basic Biblical principles... God bless you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. While you have some valid points. I would think a better chance of having a successful outcome with these people would be to talk to them and try to clear things up instead of writing a blog entry about them. It generally doesn't go over so well when you are writing negatively about people while boasting about your good traits all at the same time. You might try to do as you are asking others to do and talk to them. They may be dealing with more than you will ever know. You should be careful about the message your sending to people when you talk about being so strong and close with God but are venting your problems with people on the Internet.

    ReplyDelete
  4. There is a time to keep silence, and a time to speak... Eccl. 3:7. And then I remember Jesus saying, "Do not give what is holy to the dogs; nor cast your pearls before swine, lest they trample them under their feet and turn and tear you to pieces."

    If we are persuaded that the character of the person who needs correction, advise or wisdom is so low that they would turn on you as a dog or swine in Israel, indeed... do NOT feed them. The proverb writer is clear that such foolish people will use and viciously abuse you when you attempt to help or advise them. Wise people know when to speak and when to keep silent!!! I perceive you to be wise!!!

    ReplyDelete