Thursday, February 23, 2012

Early morning ramblings...

I have this strangely odd desire to write a book. My hang-up is what to write about. I love to write about my thoughts and dreams. I am a really good dreamer, a semi-good follow througher, but thats about as far as it goes. This morning my kids woke up at 5 am. It wasn't the wake up and go back to sleep kind either. It was the I am awake for the day kind of awake, so after an hour of struggling to get them back to sleep, I decided to wake up and embrace the morning. There were 2 things I learned this morning. The smell of coffee certainly helps one to stay awake when every ounce of me is desiring to go back to bed, and I really enjoy the sun in the morning. I would love to be an early riser. I would love to get up a couple hours before the kids, read my Bible, have my coffee, perhaps even do some quiet household tasks, but alas, when it is dark, my mind says sleep. So perhaps, now for a couple weeks before daylight savings time kicks in again, I will be able to get up early.

You know those times in life when you are extremely reflective on the life situations of other people but hardly look at your own? I know you know what I am talking about. It could even be in a sermon...the preacher is up their talking and you feel like he is just holding a BIG sign saying "this is for so and so". Well, upon realizing I was doing that, I looked at myself and saw how much I needed to work on! For instance, my resolve to read the Bible got lost somewhere between tearing up the kitchen floor and the overwhelming sense that  my life was a whole lot more busier than it really was. So, in that light, yes, I need to read and study more. There are other things that I need to work on. Perhaps my new years resolutions will actually be Springtime resolutions this year. Or perhaps I could title it Spring cleaning for the soul. There we go...that's my book title! (Just kidding! I am so not qualified to write a book.)

As I meander around many thoughts in this blog, I have to confess, its not as much for all of you readers as it is for me. Somehow by writing, it challenges me to be accountable to myself. It also allows me to get my thoughts out of my head to make room for other more important things.

Finally, today I will fold 5 loads of laundry, make 2 beds, clean up countless amounts of toys, chase Donovan yelling "to infinity and beyond" most of the time he is awake, change diapers, take d potty, make dinner and crash this evening, but I resolve to do it all with a joyful attitude regardless of the lack of sleep I got last night!

No comments:

Post a Comment