Monday, March 26, 2012

Overwhelming thanks....

You know those days when you just look at something and are totally overwhelmed with thankfulness for everything God has blessed you with? Well, I had one of those yesterday. I saw my two boys playing together and laughing and was overcome by how much I have been blessed with. Caleb was there with me when we heard them laughing and saw them playing together, he then laughed at me because of my instant tears, but it was a moment I want forever etched in my memory. The God of the Universe has been SO good to me! I have a loving, leading. God-fearing husband and two wonderful little boys. Lord willing, they will grow up someday to be loving leading God-fearing men themselves.

This weekend has been special because Caleb had 4 days off. We got to spend lots of fun time together and also got a major house project in the works and actually well on its way to being done. Once we dig up the back yard and do some more work in the basement we will be set! I also got everything ready for D's tot school the next couple week. I am fortunate he knows the alphabet and all the sounds the letters make, so as we take that knowledge and throw it into our everyday life, I hope to jump him into basic phonetic sounds and putting a couple letters together to develop the sound. Brenden has 2 teeth and is very close to crawling. He moves even better when his big brother is romping around on the floor with him. It is so neat to see their relationship develop! I have loved the warmer weather, the boys have too. We had spent lots of time outside in the sandbox, riding bikes and taking walks. We visited the zoo last week and the weather was perfect. Donovan had such a great time, and Brenden enjoyed being outside. We saw many animals, I think this trips favorite was the dolphins, penguins, and the monkeys because those were all the most active this trip.

The rest of this week will be filled with miscellaneous tasks. I need to run errands, do some grocery shopping, and play! I am finishing up our major quarterly cleaning of the closets, rooms, drawers, rearranging and all that fun stuff. I just have a couple small areas left to do. I can see the light at the end of the tunnel! We should have a pretty decent yard sale this year though! Come see for yourself whenever I choose to do it! (hopefully soon! I want this stuff gone!)

I am off to get busy. A good reminder for me today is to think about what kind of mommy I want my boys to think I am. Do I want them to think of me as a computer/phone mommy or do I want them to think of me as a Bible/praying mommy? What am I putting first in my life? My relationship with Christ or all the other junk in my life. So in light of that, if you dont see me around much for a while (online) I may end up doing some kind of technology fast of sorts.

No comments:

Post a Comment