Saturday, March 30, 2013

Praying for our children

(Pardon the dirty face! Donovan didn't want in the picture.)


I look around at the world we live in and if I allow myself to, I start to worry. I worry about my children most of all. I sometimes question if Caleb and I did the right thing by having children.
I mean, who would want their kids to grow up in the world we live in now? So much nastiness and ungodliness going on and I am sure it will only get worse. So, I don't think about it. But, is that the right thing to do? I can't answer that for myself. However, what I can say is that I have come up with a plan. I know that God has given me the responsibility of parenting my children. So what should I be doing the most of?


PRAYING! Pleading with God for guidance and help in raising my children to grow up in the nurture and admonition of the Lord. I ran across an idea the other day and decided to do it for our boys.

I searched the scriptures for a verse that I will pray for each of my children individually. Then I traced their little hands on card stock paper, wrote the verse and their names on it, laminated them and put them in my Bible where I will see them and pray that verse for them in particular every day. Not only will it keep my focus where it needs to be but it will also help me memorize more scripture!


For Donovan, Caleb and I chose Proverbs 7:1-3. For Brenden, we picked Ephesians 3:16-19, and for little Hank we chose Proverbs 1:7. After all, it is never too early to start praying for your children! Since Hank is still unborn, I drew a heart for him until I can trace his hand.

Can I encourage you to pray for your children actively too? And I would be more than happy to pray for your children too, leave me a comment or shoot me an email if you have specifics! just5lynds@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment