Monday, March 25, 2013

SNOW DAY!!!

While on our way home last night from Crawfordsville, the snow was really coming down and the roads were getting nasty. I knew it was only to get worse, and secretly I hoped Caleb wouldn't be able to get to work the next day. How fun would a snow day with Daddy be? So when I went to bed last night I was listening for the sounds of snow plows going down the road and hoping there wouldn't be any! This morning, Caleb's alarm went off at 6am because he didn't have to be in until 8, and I looked outside to see the roads not plowed and the snow still coming down. We both went back to sleep for a bit longer and then that blessed sound happened....Caleb got a text! I sat quietly waiting for him to tell me he didn't have to go to work, and then it happened....he looked at me and shut his alarm off! We got our snow day! The plant closed for today so Caleb is home with us! He has already been out with the boys and shoveled sidewalks and built a snowman with Donovan. Now we are relaxing and watching a short movie before lunch and naps. What a great day! The boys are having fun and I am sure enjoying having Caleb home with me for a day! In other news I am looking into a diet adjustment for our family. I hate how ridiculously expensive it is to eat super healthy, but its going to have to happen. Brenden has not been sleeping well and both kids are just sluggish these days. I would attribute it to two things....one is obviously our diet, the second is what seems like an extremely long winter in an extremely small house! These boys need to run! Thankfully the forecast at the end of the week looks great. So, how you ask are we going to change our diet? I really don't know yet, I just know it needs adjusted! I will be looking into it throughout the next few days figuring out how to adjust and add what we need and take away what we don't. (Except for my double stuff oreos after the kids go to bed....those aren't leaving my diet until Hank is born!) I really will get pictures up soon! Have a great snow day everyone! I am off to enjoy the family!

No comments:

Post a Comment