Friday, August 9, 2013

There comes a time....

It seems like there comes a time in everyone's life when they look back and reflect on the things of their life. I personally tend to not do that very often. Not because I am scared of the past, but more because I like to live in the now. However, since approximately 10pm last night I have decided to look at my past, take a rather in depth assessment of it and apply I what I find to my life now. Why? Because I want to live purposefully. I do not just want to wander through life not having a firm stance on anything. I want to know what I know and stand by it regardless of what may arise. How am I going to do this? Well, that's a good question, and honestly I don't have a good answer. I just know it needs to be done.

How is a mother to raise her children to be confidant if she is only partially confidant? Being that I have 3 sons, I want them to grow up to be men of God. I want them to be strong and brave, solid in their beliefs, willing to withstand the trials of life. I want them to be real men, to love their wives, to demand submission and to be leaders of their households. I want them to know God on a deep level and put Him first in their lives. For them to accomplish this, my husband and I must have the same attributes. I need to be rooted and grounded in the faith, I need to show my boys what genuine submission looks like so they can look for that in a wife someday. I do not want them to end up with a woman who manipulates or makes it hard for them to love her.

All this to say, I will be assessing my life and my walk with Christ and making adjustments where needed.

On an entirely unrelated note, I now have a 4 year old, 2 year old and 7 week old boy. God has blessed me greatly.

No comments:

Post a Comment