Thursday, August 29, 2013

The blessings of life

Its a refreshing moment when I am able to sit down at 5:30am and just enjoy the quiet. Today I am sitting here thinking and thanking God for all he has abundantly blessed me with in life:
-a God-fearing husband
-3 wonderful little boys to enjoy while here in earth
-one beautiful baby girl waiting for us in heaven
-a house
-2 dependable cars
-a great group of friends
-an incredible church to work with
-food, stuff, clothing, the ability to pay bills....

But more than just physical blessings, God has blessed me with the opportunity to spend eternity with him in heaven if found faithful. How incredible! I am sitting here with my youngest son Hank sleeping on me, as I look at him I realize just how intricately God needs to be woven through every fiber of our lives. First and foremost in my children's lives I want them to develop a deep love for Christ that is not just based on knowing facts and principles. While I do want them to learn those things, I want them to learn a passion and desire for God. I want them to realize the grace and faithfulness of God, the love that He has for us. In my opinion, building their foundation with a healthy mixture of both love and principles will make them so much stronger and more likely to follow Christ for their entire lifetime. But you see, key to them learning this intense love and grace and faithfulness is me living it out daily to them. I must demonstrate God's love to them. I must daily exclaim to them how God has blessed us. I need to have that excitement and joy for God exuding from every fiber of my being. But, the beauty of all that is, when I am daily I'm Gods word and daily thanking God for things, it is so easy to be in awe of His love. It is a natural thing for me to exclaim to my children how great our God is that we serve. So, I am blessed in another way. I am blessed with being able to raise my boys to be God fearing, His love proclaiming, blessing declaring, teaching, leading, and serving men.

No comments:

Post a Comment