Thursday, October 10, 2013

Cloth Diaper Convert and other ramblings...

Once upon a time there was a mom who just had her third baby boy. Money was tight. Diapers were expensive. So...what did they do? They took the plunge and went to cloth diapers. Thats right....I did it. I did what I said I would never do. BUT...I will say I did not do the cloth diapers that were popular in the civil war era....I did modern day cloth diapers. And guess what? I love them. Aside from the fact that it adds an extra load of laundry every other day or so, they are wonderful. They save money, they keep little Hank's bum protected and they keep my clothes clean and dry. After all, that's the purpose of diapers right?! Now, I am not going to go into the fact that I am not adding diapers to a landfill and destroying the earths ozone layer and all that jazz, because I am not that green...yet. However, since I do spend the majority of my time home with the kids, I do find them incredibly convenient. Not to mention they are quite cute and seeing my baby in a stylish diaper makes me smile. So...my advice?! Go cloth...its fun.

Now, on to other news. Donovan is doing school with me about 4 times a week. Brenden too. They love it. I am so thankful to be able to teach the boys myself...and at home. Its a wonderful feeling to see them learning and growing and I know that what they are learning is wholesome. We are in the process of teaching Donovan how to read. He is doing quite well. Brenden can count from one to eleven, knows most of his abc's and the sounds they make, can speak exceptionally well for his age and loves to color and cut and glue and paint. (but what kid doesn't?!) Brenden surprises a lot of people with the fact he can carry on a conversation with people. He loves to talk on the phone, although he also loves to push the red button which hangs up on the people he talks too...don't take it personally! Donovan teaches Brenden many things, including some I wish he wouldn't! They are two boys who are completely 100% boys. They love dirt, mud, bugs, fish, trees, anything outdoors, hot wheels cars (I think we have over 100 and still need more!), dinosaurs, wrestling, and many other boyish things. But, they are wholesome, polite, not crude, little gentlemen (most of the time). They like Thomas and Cars, Buzz and Woody, Leap Frog and Wild Kratts. I am so blessed to be their mother. I truly enjoy every minute of it!

Hank is almost 4 months old. He is getting big. He watches his brothers and I can see he is taking notes for when he gets bigger! He is almost rolling. He laughs and smiles and plays. He loves me and I love him! I am thankful for our final little boy. He is a true blessing as well.

Caleb and I are full swing into busy season. He is working his butcher job all day and his taxidermy job most evenings. He is also trying to find time to hunt in there too! Its a crazy time and we miss him, but we are thankful he works so hard to provide for our family so I can stay home with the boys.

What else is new? Well, call me crazy if you want to, but I have gotten into whats called Young Living Essential Oils. They are amazing. Did you hear the news article sometime last year about how we as parents need to be EXTREMELY cautious about the cold medicines we give our children and at what age to start it? Yeah, that bothered me. So I quit using cold medicine and just let the colds run their own course through my kids. Sure, it made for a long week, but they survived. After all, "nobody has ever died from a cold." (Name that movie quote and you will get a gold star!) BUT, back to essential oils. They are specific oils straight from various plants that heal the body all naturally. You know the odd thing? They work!! I am not saying my kids never will get sick again, (in fact I have two down today with colds) but what I am saying is that it takes a 7-10 day cold down to a 2 day cold with no harmful chemicals or medicines running through their bodies. Oh, and Caleb and I use them too. Why? Well, Caleb is allergic to dust...so after he is around it and can feel the symptoms coming on he puts some lavender oil on his nose....and within a couple minutes it was like he was never around dust. I was really impressed when I saw how that worked for him. These are totally cool and have worked tremendously for us. If you want to know more, I will try and find you the info. I am still learning myself, but so far I am really impressed. Did I mention that in the Bible, the people used oils to get well and not prescription drugs?!

Ok, moving on....I don't want to bore you and drag on so I will say goodbye for today. But please, if you want to know more about oils or even buy some to try, let me know....I sell them you know!

No comments:

Post a Comment